Thursday, June 29, 2006

Wow.

So, I was having a pretty shitty week so far. Team messing up, world messing up, referees messing up.

Yet, as they all say, there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Rachel SMSed me on Monday to ask if I wanted to have dinner with a bunch of peeps from 4E1 on Wednesday. Naturally, I said yes.

I went out early that day, because simply, I needed to change a RAM card (256mb lags my computer. Bah.)

Which means, I was at Raffles Place a full 40 minutes before we are supposed to meet up.

Surprisingly, Raffles Places Xchange has no place for me to sit down and enjoy my book. Bah.

However, time did fly by pretty quickly, especially when you start counting the people coming out of a gate. I was enjoying the new Fate/Stay Night OST on my mp3 player, counting 1582, when suddenly, a huge slap on my back jolted me back to reality.

>_>

Lin Pin and Rachel are here.

We headed to Pasta Fresca at Boat Quay. I was at most, expecting 5 to appear, and that is in one of my best dreams.

However, when I saw Kok Wei, Kui Siang, Steven, Edwin Lee, Nick and Sean appearing, I was very surprised.

And, very very very happy.

Dinner was basically, ordered by Rachel, who knew the area well. We just used the time to catch up. The bonds between 4E1 is still as strong as ever, and this put any stupid ideas of it being otherwise to rest.

And ffs, I need to stop having people paying my dinner for me.

After dinner, Rachel and Lin Pin went back. While I sorely wanted to join them, and send both of them back, I realised that the guys should also be thanked, because many had Army and godknowswhatelse. So, since they proposed for drinks at One Fullerton, I agreed to join them, and pay for the drinks as a way of thanking them.

The pub, was fittingly called "Babyface Chillout", since we just got 2 jugs of drinks and enjoyed the highlights of the past few days of football.

All in all, a fantastic day, especially given the shit I had the past few days. Thanks people! This is one day I won't forget!!

---

So, it seems like Singapore are being a much more open society these days.

For example, some dude (Nicholas H) remarked about how just before he went into BMT, he won't be seeing condom ads on the MRT. Now, the ad proudly proclains that their condoms are the "strongest" and "thinnest" and whatever. On another side, is some lubricant for females, as well as some wash to get rid of "odour".

And now, the police is thinking of making certain massage palours do their stuff in full view of the public.

Oh.... joy.

I wonder how that's going to affect business. <_<. Can you imagine yourself getting a massage in full view of others? Would you even want to do it?

While Singapore is slowly embracing the idea of sex more openly, even though it's just the people who refuse to face it, this is getting ridculous. Of course, it could be more fun with sex toys ads and even more obscene stuff, but this massage in the public is kinda overboard.

While it is a way to counter vice activities, I think this will seriously affect those who aren't into "That" type of trade. What's needed is just more checks by the police. There's no need to go to such a step to stop vice activities. It's like saying "Because you can download illegal things via BitTorrent, you should not use it at all" (for the uninformed, BT is used by MANY sites to save bandwidth to send huge files to uses, for example, Linux OSes, huge game files for free games.).

However, if the checks don't work, how about even more stiffer penalities? I'm always one who likes the idea of having very harsh penalities as a deterrent. Canceling visas is one sure fire way to ensure that it won't happen.

But then, if the people prefer to have everyone looking at someone getting a massage....

*shugs*

---

Song of (Whatever) changed to God Knows... by Hirano Aya, who also sang Bouken Desho Desho? . This song appeared as an insert in Haruhi 12, and once again, shows that Hirano Aya is someone who should havea much longer resume than she should be having now. Her work as Haruhi in the anime is absolutely fantastic, delivering the character to us very well. This song, along with Bouken Desho Desho?, showed her ability to play with her voice, both on the high end, and the low end on a rather fast paced rock tune such as this one.

I'm definately a fan of her now.

But still, Mai > all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home